Sunday 16 March 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel BB Cream (Matte) 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup

Rimmel BB Cream (Matte) 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup £6.99...

As i'm writing this review the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky, so it's fair to say that spring has finally sprung! If you're like me, then you'll be having a bit of a spring clean of your makeup bag, or bags and cupboards in my case. I tend to try and look for lighter formulas for summer, products that give a dewy and breathable finish so as not to feel too heavy or start slipping if it's really hot. This idea is what made me want to give Rimmel's new BB cream a whirl....
I was initially impressed by this product boasting that it can give 9-in-1 skin perfecting benefits. It aims to prime, moisturise, minimise pores, conceal, cover, smooth, mattify, brighten, and help protect your skin in general from day to day stresses. Sounds pretty amazing, huh?! Yet it certainly didn't live up to these expectations, for me, personally.

I chose the 'light' shade which still looks quite warm on the swatch below but actually blends out to look quite fair in the end, still not the best match for light skins. That age old problem with BB creams! It does apply nicely, there's no tugging at the skin to spread it evenly which was nice but once applied I wasn't impressed with the finish. To say this product is oil free and is supposed to be mattifying, it was still quite shiny. I realise BB's are supposed to look dewy but there's a big difference between dewy and shiny! Not all over, but in all the places I don't like too much of a sheen - my forehead and nose area. This only got a thousand times worse throughout the day... I only managed to wear it for around 4 hours before I had to take it off. By the end of those 4 hours I looked a total mess, so shiny my skin almost looked wet to touch around my T-Zone. Therefore to me, for a Matte BB Cream, this has totally failed. I've used other BB creams that don't advertise mattifying properties and had better results!

It didn't give any kind of coverage for me, I prefer my BB creams with a bit more coverage - still light but to at least blur out any imperfections. If you have perfect skin to start with and no problem with oiliness in the first place then this product could be suitable but then why would you need to use it? Basically, I really don't like this product mat all. I do NOT recommend as it seems to be unable to do any of the benefits it boasts.




1 comment:

  1. I have exactly the same experiences on similar BB products, I am very fair and like to stay pale and hate shine! Ugh. Do like Clinique's CC cream though, pink not yellow and mere hint of a dewy finish. I won't repurchase though as prefer my stupidly expensive Lancome photogenic lumessence foundation, and really it saves me money as I won't bother trying any other liquid formulation again now I have found this! X

    ReplyDelete