Monday 10 March 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips (Peach Kiss, Cherry Me, Pink Punch)

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm £2.99

 I was dubious when I read the early reviews of these lip balms, I didn't believe that a £2.99 high street lip product could give my lips that sumptuously soft feeling and kind of thought they would be just oily and sit on my lips without ever really sinking in...
From left: Peach Kiss, Cherry Me and Pink Punch
But, I was pleasantly surprised! Although I'm a massive fan of the Nuxe Rêve De Miel balm and have never really strayed, I had to try these after the hype I was seeing on Twitter and on YouTube. Maybelline boasts 8 hour hydration, however, I would say I experienced maybe half of this.
These balms also offer SPF 20 in every shade, which I love! these would be ideal for when on holiday and hitting the beach, you should never forget to protect every inch of your skin. They don't feel heavy or tacky like some SPF lip products i've tried before, each application gives a lovely light and refreshing dose of hydration.
I actually stocked up on these three balms in the Boots 3for2 offer, I mean, they were already bagainous at £2.99 but it was the perfect excuse to try a few different shades. I went for Peach Kiss - a barely there nude with plenty of shimmer, Cherry Me - a luscious glacier cherry red and Pink Punch - a bubblegum pink. Each shade has a sheer application as they are a balm after all but what surprised me most was the colour pay off from Cherry me and Pink Punch... I've swatced them above, the lighting wasn't great but hopefully you can see the pigmentation.
From left: Peach Kiss, Cherry Me, Pink Punch
Cherry Me is my favourite of the three and I think it's really on trend for S/S14 with the added benefit of giving your lips some much needed TLC! They all smell and taste great - not that i've been licking them off my lips, y'know... x




No comments:

Post a Comment