Monday 27 May 2013

REVIEW: Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream (01 Light)

 I have been on the hunt for the perfect BB cream for my holidays since what feels like forever, or atleast since I came off my last holiday ;) Last September I went to Fuerteventura and foolishly took my usual liquid foundation which ended up melting down my face after just a short while in the blazing sun; never a good poolside look! I had to make do with going au natural during the daytime in the end and just use my foundation in the cooler evenings but this time I want to be prepared and take something light that won't feel too heavy in the heat but will still help me cover up any flaws.


I was lucky enough to be sent a full sized Clarins Skin Perfecting BB Cream by the the lovely @EscentualEmma, a fellow beauty junkie and editor for Escentual.com! I was particularly excited about this BB cream because when I was researching it via the usual routes - youtube/blogs etc, I kept hearing the same thing... that this BB cream was very warm in all its shades, even the lightest! When I hit the sun, I tan pretty quickly and darkly so it would be fine for my hols and other than the warmth comments I was pleased to see that it received overall very positive reviews, so I was very chuffed to get the chance to try it out. I've been using the BB cream for just over a week on and off when I've been wanting sheer coverage, especially for when I've been exercising or just for when I've been out and about enjoying the sun that seems to have blessed us of late. It has a fairly generous SPF 25 which comes from 100% natural mineral sun filters, so for me it's ideal for when i'm outdoors running to give me that slight dewy fresh faced look without being overdone and adequate sun protection. 


As you can see from the picture above, there's nothing particularly 'light' about the 01 Light shade of this BB cream! But, in it's defence, I'm a very fair olive skin type and this blended out very well and actually gave me a bronzed glow in my pale state. It didn't look ridiculous or out of place, just warmer than the rest of my body so I had to dust a light coating of Guerlain's Four Season's Bronzer over my shoulders and around my neck to ensure I matched my face. So I would say even if you are very pale, if you are willing to use a touch of bronzer on your décolletage you should be fine as it really is quite light being a BB cream and all. See below for a swatch of the above after blending out.

 The application is very easy; it smooths across the face easily whereas some BB's I've tried had been quite hard to blend and needed lots of product to cover the entire face. It feels very light on the skin and gives a light to medium satin and super soft finish. I've even worn it over an application of face oil on a day where my skin felt particularly parched. I wore it over my Bodhi Neroli Luce Face Oil which feels light in the first place so I didn't end up feeling too moisturised or greasy. The scent of this product is a big plus for me; it's not overpowering but has a definite slight floral fragrance which is lovely and soothing. 


This picture is the blob of BB cream pictured above but blended out slightly into the back of my hand. You can quite clearly see the warmth it had added to my skin - looks slightly rosy in comparison to my paler surrounding skin. I could have blended it a bit further but I wanted to show the colour before it became too transparent. 

VERDICT

Overall i'm really satisfied with this BB cream, I think it's definitely secured a space in my beauty bag and will be coming with me in a couple weeks to Orlando and Miami! I will definitely have to do a follow up post letting you know how it actually fares in the Miami heat when I hit the beach etc. I love the warmth this product has as it looks like a light bronzing BB cream which to me is a brucey bonus but for those with the fairest of skins wanting a true to colour BB it might not be quite right. Visit a Clarins counter and get swatching as this really does feel amazingly light and blurs most imperfections perfectly!

You can buy this Clarins BB cream from Escentuals for £22.40 (RRP £28)





1 comment:

  1. Τhat iѕ really іnterеsting, You are an excеssivelу ѕκilleԁ bloggeг.

    Ι have joinеd yоur rss feed and
    stаy uρ for seeking morе of yоur great
    ρost. Also, I haѵе ѕhaгed your website in
    my ѕocial netwoгks

    My homepаge ... hello ()

    ReplyDelete