Friday 10 May 2013

Review: Aurelia Skincare; Cleansing Balm and Revitalise & Glow Serum

"A beautiful mix of science and natural luxury"
Since I discovered Aurelia Skincare a few weeks ago, I now question how I ever lived without it! I'm something of a skincare fanatic at the moment - I've been having a spring clean the products I've been using for a while and I've been on the search for skin friendly products specifically aimed at sensitive skins. I first came across Aurelia Skincare in a tweet from one of my favourite beauty tweeters, Mary Greenwell, a fab makeup artist who constantly tantalises me with twitpics of her favourite beauty and skincare items. Low and behold, there was Aurelia, nestled between another of my cult beauty brands; Sisley. The pretty packaging stood out straight away; a fuss-free powder pink box with the words 'Miracle Cleanser' imprinted in metallic gold.. Did you know that the bottles, card and paper are all 100% fully recyclable?! Aurelia Skincare is a British company that manufacture in England; something I'm increasingly on the lookout for when replacing my old skincare products when they run out. There's something quite reassuring about keeping it British. Their unique botanicals are sourced from Africa but the true essence of everything Aurelia is put together in Britain. They NEVER test on animals; the little leaping bunny mark can be found stamped on all of their products! 

Guilt-Free Skincare
The most important factor for me when purchasing new skincare of late is how natural the ingredients list is or how large the 'free from' chemical nasties list is at least. I don't want to be smothering my skin; a living and breathing cell/organism, in chemical nasties. With some careful consideration and research, there's really no need to be using anything other than pure and 

Aurelia really do tick all of the boxes for whatever I am looking for in skincare... Nothing is left uncovered! All products are free from synthetic fragrances, mineral oils, silicones, paragons, sulphates, propylene glycol, phthalates, GMO, TEA, PEGs and DEA. Wheww! I love how extensive this 'free from' list is as usually a lot of brands will advertise just being free from a handful of these baddies but still hoard a hazardous mix of the others. 

The Miracle Cleanser £34 120ml
This really is a miracle product for me! This cleanser "fuses probiotic and peptide technologies with BioOrganic plant and flower essences" which help to dull and dehydrated skin by delivering much needed moisture and giving a powerful radiance boost.  Now I've used the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish which has a similar texture and I still have half a tub abandoned in my bathroom cabinet as I struggle to use it without getting a flare up of teenage skin - you know, those angry big blemishes around the jawline that stay for ages. There was also a very strong fragrance with the Liz Earle cleanser that I disliked but Aurelia's cleanser has a much more delicate scent which doesn't take the breath yet is strong enough to help sooth and relax the mind whilst the creamy cleanser itself soothes and nourishes the skin
I can honestly say after switching to this cleanser, my skin has never felt so calmed and soothed. I love how creamy it is and how it manages to lift the most stubborn of makeup from the face and eyes, even waterproof mascara! Gone with a few swirls on the bamboo muslin cloth as though it had never even been there. I think the pricing is spot on, and by far better value than say Eve Lom which starts at £40 for 50ml and you need a 'Morning Time Cleanser' too at £40... You get a whopping 120ml with Aurelia for just £34  which is for day & night and this includes their fabulous and unique bamboo muslin cloth! 
Bamboo Muslin Cloth...Perfection
Just look at how beautiful this bamboo muslin cloth is... It really does stand apart from the rest of the cleansers on the market which mostly have a plain, bog standard rather rough textured cloth that gradually softens with use. This is super soft so doesn't feel harsh when applied to the skin but is very effective all the same! You don't need to scrub at the delicate skin on your face to rid yourself of the impurities it has gained throughout the day; the creamy cleanser does the hard work for you! I really do love this cloth so so much, it makes all the difference to the cleanser and the overall experience too.

 The Revitalise & Glow Serum... £47 30ml

If you've learnt anything about me through reading my blog or twitter, you'll know I hate moisturising. I've always struggled to find the balance between moisturised and feeling greasy. This serum is a dream to use! I was worried like many of the serums i've used before it would end up sitting unused on my desk after finding it had made my skin feel oily or given me breakouts due to clogging my pores. But no, this is very lightweight and actually sank in straight away. As for the scent....well, it's like being transported to a summer garden in full bloom. Such a wonderful scent, I can't rave about it enough. Jasmine, Plumeria, Tuberose and Mandarin give a floral and fresh fragrance which lingers lightly on the skin for about half an hour and is totally addictive and utterly relaxing.


The Verdict...
Overall, I am astounded to have found Aurelia Skincare and overjoyed to have gotten on with the products so well that they are now being implemented as my new daily skincare regime. I actually look forward to cleansing now, especially in the morning, as the fragrances that these two products have really awaken the senses and relax the mind at the same time. Basically, mind and body are both relaxed, irritations are and redness is a thing of the past and only fresh glowing skin is ahead... If there's one thing I'm slightly disappointed with, it's that there is currently no eye creams/serums in the range. I think that would be a wonderful addition and complete my skincare routine perfectly. 


I love how passionate Aurelia Skincare is about responsible sourcing and being eco-friendly; they partner with 'not for profit' organisations and pay a fair trade price to the communities that help harvest the powerful botanicals that go into every jar. A truly guilt free purchase...


I was excited to see that you can purchase Aurelia Skincare from Netaporter; one of my favourite sites! To find out more or to purchase this amazing skincare duo I really do insist you head over to Aurelia where you'll find lots of expert advice and information on how to achieve glowing and radiant skin.




6 comments:

  1. After reading this blog post. I think I should better give it a try. I'll order Aurelia Skincare product online soon. Thanks for the information.

    Best Regards,
    Alison Clarke
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed... Do update me with how you get on! :)

      Delete
  2. I adore the day cream from this brand and I am looking forward to trying more, the cleanser sounds just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work! This is the kind of info that should be shared
    around the internet. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this
    put up higher! Come on over and discuss with my site .
    Thanks =)

    Visit my homepage :: Wrinkle Reduction

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know how important fruit is for beautiful glowing skin, but in among your fruit bowl may be a potent and healing ingredient you have yet to discover. Mandarin Oil is a therapeutic citrus oil with a wealth of beneficial properties to offer to all types of skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, yup this paragraph is genuinely fastidious and I have learned lot of things
    from it regarding blogging. thanks.

    Here is my web-site Anti Aging formula

    ReplyDelete